Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Exciting reply from Lee Crandall of Congress for New Urbanism

In a previous post, I showed a letter I had written to Congress for New Urbanism asking them to lower their membership fees for students and advocates as the rates were far closer to those required in a professional organization than in a group seeking wider acceptance and appeal. Some weeks later I received the following reply....

Joanna,


I apologize for the overdue reply. Thanks for taking the time to write and for being an active new urbanist at home. I've actually been working on some proposals regarding lower student/advocate membership rates and a public e-newsletter, and your message will help me build the case for these changes. You've made some great points regarding our role as a professional organization vs. public interest group, and how we can promote grassroots involvement. I'll be sure to pass on your thoughts as we discuss some of these issues internally.

Thanks,
Lee

Lee Crandell
membership and chapter coordinator
Congress for the New Urbanism
140 S. Dearborn St., Suite 310
Chicago, IL 60603
phone: 312.551.7300
fax: 312.346.3323
www.cnu.org

CNU XVI: New Urbanism and the Booming Metropolis
April 3-6, 2008 in Austin, Texas

No comments: