Monday, September 17, 2012

On Modesty- but seriously....

Okay, so I'm willing to admit that I wear sweaters and long pants even in the summer time and that my own dressing habits have had me mistaken for members of religious sects that require it, but the point is that the modesty that is dictated by the religious right is just as insulting and demeaning as the lack of it dictated by commercial exploitation of women's bodies.

Religious dictates about women's dress have not been founded on respect for women but rather control of women's sexuality as it is owned by patriarchal systems.  That these men want to continue the practices that go with the perpetuation of patriarchy is the real object of my criticism.  Women will wear what is comfortable and logical for them being free persons who should be met as human beings and not chattel, temptresses, etc...

No comments: